The General Purposes & Finance Committee meets on alternate months (normally second Thursday) throughout the year and during months not normally occupied by a PC Meeting.
The General Purposes & Finance Committee meeting is a council meeting held in public and subject to the same procedural requirements as for a full Parish Council meeting.
The General Purposes & Finance Committee is responsible for:-
- considering and resolving issues-of-the-day referred to it as devolved powers of the Parish Council (NOTE: excepting the functions of (i) determining overall and (ii) short term borrowing limits, (iii) determination of the amount of interest payable by it at rates variable by a lender of controlled by external factors, (iv) the issue of a precept and (v) the approval of a lottery scheme. All as defined by LGA 1972.).
- preparing the draft annual Parish Council (PC) budget and recommended precept for submission to The full Parish Council for approval;
- monitoring overall expenditure and giving financial guidance to The Parish Council;
- general administration of the Parish Council
- Cemetery Management Advisory Panel (CM AP)
- Newsletter & Web Editorial Advisory Panel (NWE AP)
The minutes in pdf format of the General Purposes and Finance Committee meetings can be viewed by clicking here